GROUNDHOGS FEBRUARY VACATION PROGRAM | New Canaan & Darien Moms

Have an event we should know about? Please Contact Us

Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

GROUNDHOGS FEBRUARY VACATION PROGRAM

February 25 @ 9:15 am - 1:15 pm

|Recurring Event (See all)

An event every day that begins at 9:15 am, repeating until February 25, 2022

An event every day that begins at 9:45 am, repeating until February 25, 2022

An event every day that begins at 9:15 am, repeating until February 25, 2022

An event every day that begins at 9:45 am, repeating until February 25, 2022

One event on February 22, 2022 at 9:45 am

One event on February 22, 2022 at 9:15 am

One event on February 22, 2022 at 9:45 am

Darien Nature Center
GROUNDHOGS FEBRUARY VACATION PROGRAM
February 22 – 25, 2022

Get out of the long winter slump and spend the school recess outdoors! This nature education program will include seasonal activities like finding animal tracks, building snow forts, warming up around a campfire, and much more!

Age 2 (born in 2019):

  • 2 and a half hours
  • 9:15 – 11:45 AM, or 9:45 AM – 12:15 PM
  • snack provided, no lunch
  • Two day cost: $155
  • Four day cost: $310

Age 3+ (born 2016-2018):

  • 4 hours
  • 9:15 AM – 1:15 PM, or 9:45 AM – 1:45 PM
  • snack provided
  • please pack a NUT-FREE lunch
  • Two day cost: $224
  • Four day cost: $448

 

We’ll continue practicing health safety measures in the era of COVID-19: Groups will have different drop-off and pick-up times to avoid crowding, we’ll spend limited time indoors, staff will wear masks at all times, groups will not intermix throughout the day, and all supplies will be cleaned and disinfected each day. Children age 3+ are required to wear masks when indoors, but our goal is to be inside as little as possible!

REFUND POLICY: If you choose to withdraw your child for any reason, the Darien Nature Center must be notified of a cancellation two (2) weeks prior to the start of a program to receive a refund. If and when your child’s space can be filled, then 75% of the program fee will be refunded. If the space cannot be filled, then 50% of the program fee will be refunded. There are no refunds for withdrawals made within two (2) weeks of a program start date. For the Groundhogs 2022 program, no refunds will be issued after Tuesday, February 8 at 4:00 PM.

If the Darien Public Schools are closed, have a delayed start or an early dismissal due to inclement weather, the Darien Nature Center will follow the adjusted schedule in the Parent Handbook and there are no make-up classes or refunds. If the Nature Center closes due to Force Majeure* for more than 7 consecutive days, on-site programs will be replaced with at-home learning programs and no refunds will be provided.  If, at the sole discretion of the Nature Center, it is not possible to replace a program with an at-home alternative, then 90% of the unused portion of the fee will be refunded (the remaining 10% will allow us to recover the credit card processing fees and maintain the most basic operating requirements.)

*including but not limited to acts of God, fire, flood, natural disaster, pandemic, war or threat of war, acts or threats of terrorism, civil disorder, unauthorized strikes, governmental regulation or advisory, recognized health threats as determined by the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control, or local government authority or health agencies (including but not limited to the health threats of COVID-19, H1N1, or similar infectious diseases), curtailment of transportation facilities, or other similar occurrences beyond the control of the Nature Center.

Details

Date:
February 25
Times:
9:15 am - 11:45 am
9:15 am - 1:15 pm
9:45 am - 12:15 pm
9:45 am - 1:45 pm
Event Category:
https://dariennaturecenter.app.neoncrm.com/np/clients/dariennaturecenter/event.jsp?event=269&

Venue

Darien Nature Center
120 Brookside Road
Darien, CT United States
+ Google Map

Join The New Canaan Darien Moms Network Community

Stay up-to-date with what is happening in-and-around New Canaan Darien CT with local events, community highlights, and exclusive deals.