One thing is for sure… it’s hard to keep the house clean with kids running around! And when it comes to the walls… sticky hands, marker and a whole bunch of other things can make it feel like you need to re-paint constantly! But, some basic maintenance can really help to to keep your painted surfaces looking fresh! Check out these 8 tips from the professionals at Crystal Decor Painting
- To keep the painting in good condition, do a periodic cleaning to remove pollution, microorganisms and other contaminants. When cleaning, just use water with neutral liquid detergent and a soft foam sponge. Clean gently and evenly and rinse with clean water. Do not use abrasive products such as cloths and sponges with Scotch-Brite, as they can damage the painted surface.
- Do not use a dry cloth and sponge – or even a damp cloth – as the surface will be polished and shiny spots will appear.
- It is not recommended that you use equipment that uses hot water or steam, as they may leave stains on the surface.
- In the case of more aggressive stains such as pen, grease and food spills, where neutral liquid detergent and a soft foam sponge are not enough to clean, the best option is to re-paint the stained surface.
- When repairing or touching up the paint, always remember to paint the entire wall, corner to corner, as the paint naturally ages and when retouched only on a part of the wall, there might be a difference in color and texture, even using a color match.
- If the stains are from pencils, just use a white school eraser in movements that follow the existing scratches.
- Remember that dirt and paint may not always be the problem! It may actually just be the the lighting. Lighting can interfere with the shades. For example, two walls in a single environment, even if painted with the same paint, but subjected to different lighting, may appear to have slightly different shades.
- Find the finish that is best for your home before starting your project.
- Matte/flat does not highlight imperfections, but does not allow cleaning without causing stains.
- Satin/eggshell shows medium and large imperfections, but allows cleaning without stains, if the above recommendations are followed.
- Semi-Gloss shows small, medium and large imperfections, but is excellent for cleaning. Usually applied on doors and trims.
Contact Crystal Decor Painting for your next project by calling, !
This post is sponsored by Crystal Decor Painting