The Community Fund of Darien’s “Touch-A-Life” fund, in cooperation with Darien’s Department of Human Services, has been supporting Darien residents with urgent financial needs since 2005. Many of our town’s residents are in need of assistance with rent, utilities, medical expenses, transportation costs and groceries, and this number is growing exponentially during the current health crisis.
The novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is already financially impacting our most vulnerable neighbors. This past week alone, Darien Human Services has fielded calls from:
- A car service driver who no longer has clients and cannot currently support his son and disabled wife
- A single mother who works as a hairstylist in a Stamford office building that is now closed
- A single parent who works in a restaurant that has shut its doors
- A cleaning person for a building that is now closed for business
- Families with children receiving Free or Reduced Lunch through the Darien Public Schools
Your gift to The Community Fund of Darien’s Touch-A-Life fund directly helps our neighbors in need. 100% of your donation will go to Darien residents; TCF does not charge any administrative fee. You can continue to practice social distancing and safely make your contribution from home by visiting www.communityfunddarien.org. For further information, please contact Janet King, Executive Director, at (203) 655-8775. Darien residents in need should contact the Department of Human Services at 203-656-7328 or email Ali Ramsteck, Director, at email@example.com.
Together, as a community, we can serve and support our fellow Darien residents and change lives for the better.