New Canaan Softball proudly presents:
The Top Ten Reasons Your Daughter Should Play Little League Softball!
10. Ribbons – hair ribbons are huge in softball. Who doesn’t love that?
9. Hand-Eye Coordination – if you can make it in softball, you can make it in any sport!
8. Something for Everyone – with so many aspects of the game, regardless of what specific talent (physical or mental) she has, each player will have a chance to shine.
7. Teamwork and Sisterhood – life lessons about working together and supporting one another in every practice and every game to attain a common goal. It’s true what they say: “there are no sisters like softball sisters”.
6. Personal Growth – we win and lose as a team, but every player is able to measure her individual growth in a variety of areas: on the field, on the base path, in the batter’s box, behind the plate, on the mound.
5. Offense – in this sport, it’s for everyone!
4. Defense – in this sport, it’s for everyone!
3. The Cheers – love it or hate it, it’s part of the game. Everyone cheers for everyone else. If you aren’t cheering, you aren’t doing your job for the team.
2. Leadership – Our girls are encouraged to take ownership of their own effort and ownership of their team. Beyond the physical aspects of the game, coaches empower the players to work together, think positive, and develop personal and team goals. In turn, they form their own team culture and customs, and somehow by the end of the season, each one takes an opportunity to step up, leading vocally or by example, to get their team through a practice, an inning, a game successfully.
1. Confidence – whether it’s a game tying at-bat, diving for a fly ball, stealing a base, there are endless opportunities for each player to push herself beyond what she was capable of yesterday.
Visit www.newcanaansoftball.com for More Details and to Register! Registration is open now through 3/15, additional late fee applies after 2/28.
Save the Date: Player evaluations for grades 2-8 will be held at New Canaan High School on Saturday, March 18th. Schedule TBD.