Has Your Desk Become a Toxic Dumping Ground?
Is YOUR DESK your entire family’s pit stop spot that continuously accepts all the “run-off” from everyone’s daily activities? Perhaps for the whole week? The month?
To the point where you can’t actually USE your desk and have had to move your operation elsewhere??
It’s time to reclaim YOUR SPACE and here’s how:
- Remove everything, yes everything, from your desk. All the files, the bits of paper, the hundreds of receipts, the business cards, unopened mail and paperclips too.
- Start sorting and categorizing all the paper, and more, on a large surface. The floor works, as does the kitchen table or counter or a folding table. Keep the wastebasket close-by.
- Start tossing! You missed that 2016 lecture that you wanted to attend. Your child’s soccer season is long over so why do you need last semester’s practice schedule? You saved your child’s report card electronically so lose the paper one.
- Now, put back what you need to keep, in a mindful and meaningful way. Create vertical files with labels that make sense to you. In fun colors that appeal to you. Place paperclip holders and other supplies where you can easily reach them, on the right if you are right-handed. Really think it through so that your tidied space works for YOU.
- Draw a line in the sand with your family. They need to find THEIR OWN SPACE for their papers and such. Help them find/create their own nook, so that yours is left intact.
Reclaiming YOUR DESK is a fantastic thing…..IF YOU HAVE THE TIME AND ENERGY TO DO IT!
If not, let Sarah’s Solutions help you with your desk and files.….or anything else that needs improving in your home and life, including:
- Overall pairing down and decluttering
- Straightening of kitchen drawers, pantries, cabinets, fridges, freezers
- Meal planning, food shopping, unpacking
- Tackling children’s rooms
- Organizing outgrown clothing, toys etc. for donation
- Tax paper prep/organization
- Insurance filing and appeals
- Downsizing and relocation services
- Transitions for seniors
- Management of home renovations
- Streamlining home and office procedures
- Re-arranging YOUR closet
- Or, you name it!
About Sarah’s Solutions:
Sarah Strader founded Sarah’s Solutions, LLC in Spring 2016, with “organization” as her overriding passion during her 25+ professional years.
As a former TV commercial producer, creator of a successful stationery design and distribution company and commodore of a yacht club, Sarah has worked collaboratively and independently on countless projects, bringing order to any job at hand.
With strong writing and communication skills, she and her associates are client-focused, task-centered, numbers savvy, value oriented, creative, research-ready and discreet.
“This terrific woman transformed the absolute chaos in my home and office into something that looks like photos in a magazine. So pleasant to have around, she even whistles while she works.”
Business Owner, Redding, CT
Look for Sarah’s Solutions regular guest blogs on newcanaandarienmoms.com, to include tips on transforming your children’s rooms for SPRING (less than two weeks away!). Put away the boots, pull out your kids’ bathing suits…time for a fresh start!