Hey it’s spring! The sun is getting warmer, the days are getting longer. The obvious thing is to do spring cleaning. Home security and safety is one spring cleaning item you don’t want to leave off your list!
“Today’s security systems go far beyond intrusion detection and include home automation devices that make homes smarter and lives easier,” said Nick Santarsiero, founder and CEO, Property Protection Consulting. “From wireless security cameras and automated thermostats to app-controlled lights or entertainment systems, products and services from leading home security companies offer so much more.
Here are a few actions to take to spring clean your home security system:
- Over time, cobwebs, dirt and debris can gather on intrusion sensors and security cameras, potentially interfering with the infrared energy used for motion detection, impacting camera video quality, and causing operational issues. Clean security camera casing with a soft brush or microfiber cloth to remove spider webs, insects, and dust to improve performance and tighten camera mounts if necessary.
- Check all lighting around the outside of your home, replacing bulbs as needed. Intruders are less likely to target homes where their movements can be easily spotted.
- If you’re remodeling your home, don’t forget about your home security system. Once the project is completed, assess whether cameras or motion sensors need to be adjusted or more intrusion sensors are needed.
- Check all window and door locks. If any locks seem loose, tighten or replace them. Be sure to clean windows as well. Replace batteries as needed and date them.
- Make life easier by setting up your Security Notifications and Rules. For example, with Alarm.com app, Actionable Notifications combined with Geo-Services allows you to be to receive a notification when a child arrives home, a liquor cabinet is opened or if someone comes to your front door as well as a notification if you did not lock your door so you can quickly fix the mistake.
“With the ability to integrate sound systems, irrigation, doorbell cameras, and more, homeowners have the ability to customize their home security systems to meet the ever-changing and growing needs of their lives and families,” explained Santarsiero.
At Property Protection Consulting, our professional consultants and technicians can help design and install a total smart home system that adds convenience, security, energy savings and peace of mind for domestic and business environments. Contact us today at 866-991-7233 to set up a complimentary home security system analysis.
This post is sponsored by Property Protection Consulting.