Tips for Turning Resolutions into Results for 2021 by Alex Giotis
Around this time of year, we all take time to figure out what we want to change about ourselves for the upcoming year. When it comes to health and nutrition, resolutions usually sound something like this:
“I am going to start a new diet or eat clean, or maybe this is the year I join a gym and workout.”
When I have these conversations with new or existing clients, I try and take a different approach. I get them to focus on creating habits around THESE 5 TIPS:
1. Win the day. Focus on doing the things that will help you reach your goals each day.
2. Keep expectations in line with actions. I find this tends to be one of the hardest things for people to do. Sometimes being honest with ourselves is difficult, but if you are putting in the time and work each day, you will reach your goals. On the other hand, if you are finding a reason not to put in the effort, then don’t expect to reach those goals.
3. Find some You Time. We all live busy lives between work, home and taking care of others, so we often neglect ourselves. Carving out 30 minutes to an hour each day to take care of yourself is crucial. Whether you go outside for a walk or hike, get to the gym or even have a professional come to you, it’s important that you find time to put yourself first.
4. Enjoy yourself. Health and nutrition should not be something that you see as a burden. If you want to have a glass of wine, then have a glass of wine. If you want dessert with dinner, have it. The idea is not to never indulge; just try not to over indulge and when you do, just get back on track!
Finally the most important one:
5. Have a plan. My clients and I always sit and work in 90 day blocks. Once we know what we want to accomplish, we then plan and execute a road map to get us there—making sure we track our progress each week.
At Atlas Health, we take your safety very seriously. We only have 1 client and trainer in the studio at a time and we make sure to disinfect before and after each session. For any at-home sessions we sanitize prior to coming into your home, and any equipment we bring is sanitized prior. As always, we are offering a 20% discount on all packages to New Canaan & Moms members. Have a happy and healthy 2021!
Alex is offering a 20% discount on all packages to New Canaan & Darien Moms members. Contact email@example.com or at 203.564.6255 to book your sessions.