Gather together to reflect on your well-being and personal goals as a powerful woman. This workshop is specifically designed to help you understand myths and intelligence of “mom brain” and deepen your mind-body connection.
Sep 29th, 2018, 10am – 2pm | Norwalk, CT
WYLD Mamas is a monthly series led by Kelly Ingraham using WYLD curriculum and experts in the field of wellness, leadership, and psychology.These workshops are customized around the role of the mother. It is inclusive to anyone, any age, who identifies with the role of nurturing and growing others aka: caring for and teaching children, grandchildren, godchildren, parents, pets or nature.
Our goal is to curate meaningful time and craft a sanctuary-like classroom for “WYLD Mamas” to learn from and teach one another. Each month will be centered on a theme or topic that activates the mind, body, and soul. Our journey and evolution is not linear. WYLD Mamas provides the touchstones, the pause button, and the community as you design the professional and personal life you seek most.
The role of the mother tends to be one where you set the tone and tune of many other people’s lives. Often reactionary, it is rare to find time to step back and realign yourself… Am I really designing and living my days in a way that meets the values and dreams I have or I once had? Gift yourself four hours to intentionally remember who you are as a wise woman rather than repeating thought patterns around the hardships of mothering.
The thoughts and stories we tell ourselves sculpt the neural pathways of our brain and define our own personal “information super highway.” It is the program that runs 95% of our decisions and reactions. This mental activity interacts with our brain, nervous system, and emotions either shutting us down or opening us up to more meaning, purpose, and passion. Through mindfulness, you can begin to release old patterns and create new pathways, reinforcing positive habits and behaviors. Come and engage your whole brain for a mindful re-boot. Learn powerful tools and strategies for navigating your emotions for effectiveness, performance and well-being.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Take a musical tour of your brain
- Learn the keys to neuroplasticity and the brain’s ability to re-wire itself
- Understand the science behind “mom brain” and the myth of multitasking
- Gain an understanding of the brain’s negativity bias & how to work with it
- Become witness to your own survival “fight or flight” patterns and learn how to navigate back to a place of creativity and focus
- Map your brain for empathy, patience and productivity – no matter how challenging the situation
- Create community and connection with old and new friends