- 5 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 T butter
Make dessert early so your pie cools completely (at least two hours at room temp); that way, when you slice into it, the filling won’t run.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, toss 5 cups blueberries, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup cornstarch, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Pour filling into 9-inch pie plate lined with 1 store-bought or homemade piecrust, dot with 3 tablespoons butter, then add top crust; crimp and bake at 400°F on rimmed baking sheet for 1 hour, or until bubbling.
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, and baking powder. Mix in salt and cinnamon, if desired. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the shortening and egg. Dough will be crumbly. Pat half of dough into the prepared pan.
- In another bowl, stir together 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch. Gently mix in the blueberries. Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust. Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- 1 store-bought butter loaf cake (sliced)
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 container (8 oz) Cool Whip™ frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In medium bowl, beat pudding mix, vanilla, milk and sour cream with electric mixer on medium speed until soft pudding forms. Cover; refrigerate.
- In trifle bowl or large clear bowl, arrange 1 layer of sliced cake to cover entire bottom of bowl. Top with a layer of pudding, then a layer of whipped topping, and then a layer of strawberries. Repeat all layers except use blueberries. Continue with layers until bowl is full.
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate until ready to serve.