During the winter, we’re always in the mood for a hearty and delicious soup!
Try this yummy Creamy Mushroom Noodle Soup, courtesy of Jo Keohane from The Family Food Kitchen. According to Jo, this one pot dinner is “loaded with umami flavor, plenty of veggies and filling noodles.” It’s also a family crowd-pleaser!
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion – diced
- 2 medium Carrots – diced
- 2 ribs Celery – diced
- 4 cups Cremini Mushrooms – sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic – minced
- 2 tbsp Brandy – optional or use water
- 6 cups Vegetable Broth
- 5 sprigs Thyme
- 10 oz Wide Egg Noodles
- 1 cup Heavy Cream (Double Cream)
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Chopped Parsley (Optional garnish)
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed saucepan with a lid over a medium low heat.
- Sauté the diced onion, celery and carrots until soft. This should take around 10 minutes.
- Season well with sea salt and black pepper and add the sliced mushrooms.
- Sauté for a further 10 minutes over a medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. The mushrooms should be turning dark—this will ensure a good savory umami flavor for the soup.
- Stir in the minced garlic and add the brandy if using or water. Stir and scrape up any bits left in the bottom of the pot.
- Add the vegetable stock and thyme sprigs then simmer for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to come together.
- Add the noodles and simmer as per packet directions until al dente.
- Taste and season again.
- Finish by stirring through the cream and garnish with the chopped parsley if using.
- Serve hot!