8 Organic Eggs
1 ½ cup whole milk
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoons freshly cracked pepper
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ medium onion, chopped fine
4 slices Piggery bacon or sausage
1 bag, fresh spinach or 1 pint organic mushrooms
I large baguette, cut into one inch cubes
1 cup cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil to medium
- Add onion and sauté until soft.
- If using bacon, slice it into strips.
- If using sausage, remove from casing and crumble into the pan.
- Cook for 5 to seven minutes until bacon fat is rendered or sausage is cooked though.
- Add spinach or mushrooms and cook for an additional 5 minutes to soften.
- Remove from heat and transfer into a large bowl. Allow to cool.
- Butter a 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Spread the bread cubes evenly along the bottom.
- Add egg/milk mixture to the vegetables and stir to combine.
- Pour into the baking dish and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Order all your fresh ingredients from Mike’s Organic Directly! Special offer below!