This story was contributed by our wellness contributor Michelle Calarco.
Wellness comes in many forms, but at its core it’s about taking care of you. And what better day to do something extra special for yourself than Mother’s Day?
In honor of this very important holiday (the most important of them all?!), we’ve rounded up some ideas on how to celebrate as well as fun local offerings to treat yourself to.
What To Do This Mother’s Day:
- Get your downward dog on in a Mother’s Day Yoga Class at Kaia Yoga Old Greenwich on May 9th at 5pm. This special restorative yoga class is open to all moms and daughters at any experience level, ending with a grounding meditation to connect on this meaningful day.
- Indulge in a day at The Delamar Spa Greenwich. From body wraps to massages to custom facials, there’s no shortage of ways to pamper yourself. Ask for Esthetician & Massage Therapist Stephanie Torres — she works wonders! And if you can sneak away for an evening, the hotel is offering a month-long Mother’s Day special package that includes overnight accommodations, a bottle of French Rose, a box of chocolates and a $50 dining credit to L’escale Restaurant.
- Take a day trip: Mayflower Inn & Spa, Auberge Resorts Collection is hosting a Mother’s Day Celebration and traveling truck-show / garden party May 8th and 9th. Join mother-daughter jewelry brand Of Rare Origin, Candice Bergen of BergenBags and Chloe Malle of Vogue and be delighted by memorable handmade jewelry or an exclusive gift basket customized by Candice, plus floral inspired cocktails and appetizers by James Beard Award Chef April Bloomfield.
- Don’t just take the day off from cooking – take the week! There are many great options for prepared foods locally to lessen your load, from Kinney Lane and Four Forks to the just-launched Made by Mike’s at Mike’s Organic.
- Spend the afternoon outdoors on a walk at Tod’s Point or Cos Cob Park (pictured) or in nature with Bringing the Greenback Greenwich’s Mother’s Day Garden Tour.
- A mani/pedi is a Mother’s Day essential which also means you should make an appointment now to secure a spot for Sunday, from Posh Spa & Nails to Williams & Co.
- Buy yourself something really nice – you deserve it! Be sure to browse the offerings in The Local Marketplace via the Shop tab on greenwichmoms.com. Our mission here is to support small local businesses, and to simplify the process of making purchases all while providing a new and inventive local experience.
About Michelle Calarco: Michelle is a communications expert and a wellness enthusiast. After honing her storytelling craft in media and television, Michelle went on to elevate the profiles of premier brands across the hospitality, healthy living, and better-for-you food spaces. She has always been passionate about living and eating well and became even more immersed in health when she became a mom. On weekends you can find her squeezing in a barre class (during Paw Patrol) and baking healthyish desserts with her little one. Michelle has a consulting business and resides in Greenwich with her husband and 2-year-old son.
Have an idea for something you want to see in the column? Write to Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow her @michelle.calarco